More Choice. More Flexibility. More Convenience – The Online High School Advantage.
It’s a myth that the only way to ensure a student receives the best quality high school education is to attend a brick-and-mortar high school. Nearly every teenage student hates waking up early in the morning to drag themselves through boring classes, day in, day out, just so they can graduate. Advanced students and highly involved students can find the rigid structure of high school frustrating and limiting. Students who struggle with a certain subject or learning in general are often made to feel like they’re simply not good enough, when really it’s the educational model that’s failing to meet their needs.
Thankfully, with online high school students and families have a choice – a better choice that truly makes completing high school online a more rewarding and satisfying experience.
What Are the Key Benefits of Completing High School Online?
- Students study at their own pace – classes can be completed in as little as 6 to 8 weeks, or students may choose to work through an entire semester.
- Core classes at an online high school fulfill requirements for graduation with a legitimate high school diploma.
- Students set their own study schedules – they can do classwork in the evenings, afternoons, mornings, or even weekends – and can change things up whenever they need to.
- Coursework is unique, innovative, and tailored to the online experience.
- The educational platform is easy to use and can be accessed from any device with an internet connection – laptops, desktop computers, tablets, and even smartphones are all compatible devices.
- Teachers are experienced in teaching online and are available via email, text, phone, or chat so no student is left behind.
- Students of online high schools can track their progress towards graduation online, getting rid of any guesswork.
- Families who travel or relocate often don’t have to worry about constantly starting a new school – since online high school goes wherever the student happens to be.
- Students can hold daytime jobs or pursue other interests without having to worry about school attendance.
Most importantly, the decision to complete high school online does not mean anyone is sacrificing the quality of their education. Today’s accredited online high schools offer robust, rigorous curricula that meet or exceed the requirements for high school education. The only difference is that students don’t have to show up at a schoolhouse to take attendance and receive or turn in assignments… it all happens online instead.
At Citizens High School, we offer a nationally and regionally accredited online high school platform that gives students not just one, but two different ways to complete high school online:
- Career or Job Track – a fully accredited diploma that meets the requirements of employers and trade schools alike.
- College Track – a fully accredited diploma with a little additional coursework typically expected for admission to most 4-year colleges and universities.