Online High School Admissions Policy and Criteria
CHS maintains an inclusive admissions policy that upholds fairness and equal opportunities for all prospective students, regardless of race, creed, sex, ethnic background, or national origin. This principle is upheld not only for diploma-seeking students but also for individuals enrolling in specific courses. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive learning environment that embraces the richness of different perspectives and backgrounds.
The following is required for Admission at Citizens High School:
General Enrollment Requirements:
- Prospective students whose native language is not English and who have not earned at least four credits (including at least one English Language Arts credit) from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must demonstrate proficiency in English by completing the CHS Admission Exam with a score of 70% or higher.
- Identification: Prospective students are required to provide a copy of their state or country/province-issued identification (such as a birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, etc.).
Additional Enrollment Requirements for Diploma Seeking Students:
- Prospective students are required to submit one of the following documents:
- Official High School Transcript from Previous School
- Completed and Certified Homeschool Validation Form
- Proof of Grade 8 Completion (End of Year Report Card or Transcript of Final Grades)
- Alternatively, if a student is self-attesting to their completion of grade 8, they will be required to complete the CHS Admission Exam with a score of 70% or higher.
- For international students, if their transcripts are not in English, they must be translated by a certified translator or translation company before submission. This ensures proper evaluation and consideration of their academic records.
Upon enrollment, students will enter a provisional status for a period of 60 days. During this time, it is essential to submit the required documentation or complete the necessary assessments.
- If a student does not demonstrate English proficiency within the first 30 days, they will be denied admission and will receive a full refund.
- If a student does not provide proof of grade 8 completion or receive an adequate score on the CHS Grade 8 Assessment within the first 30 days, they will be denied admission and will receive a full refund.
- Failure to provide required identification and Official Transcripts or High School Validation forms within 60 days will result in the student not being allowed to enroll in any new courses. If the student does not provide the required documentation within 120 days, they will be moved to a provisional inactive status. In this state, they will not have access to courses or incur any tuition charges.
If students are denied admissions or shifted to provisional inactive status due to the reasons mentioned above, they will be required to re-enroll. To successfully re-enroll, they must ensure that they possess the appropriate documentation or have completed the necessary assessments at the time of their new enrollment application. This ensures a fair and standardized evaluation process for all prospective students.
Enrolling in our Online High School is Easy
Admissions into Citizens Online High School is easy and you can COMPLETE the process online!
Online High School Admissions Terms & Conditions
Please note that there are separate Terms & Conditions Agreements for the CHS Online and Offline Diplomas and Individual Courses, select the one that corresponds to your specific interest:
Still Have Questions?
Visit Our FAQ Page for more information.