The Mission of Citizens’ High School is to provide students a quality high school diploma through distance education with a well rounded academic foundation, leading to social and economic mobility.
Develop innovative learning programs with self-directed and self-paced courses.
Recognize and develop each student’s unique individuality and talents, and renew the student’s belief in their limitless potential.
Conduct research of educational trends and develop cutting-edge instructional practices that meet the educational needs of our students.
Prepare our students with a well-rounded, viable academic foundation that gives our students the skills necessary to take control of their future.
Program Learning Outcomes
The overarching outcome of the Citizens’ High School student is a high school diploma that is recognized by employers and post-secondary schools. CHS views a high school diploma as a stepping stone to economic and social mobility. The curriculum is designed to give students a solid foundation in language arts, social studies, mathematics, and science.
Students will demonstrate:
- Problem Solving using quantitative principles and analytical reasoning to interpret data and solve problems.
- Critical Thinking and analysis for academic and workplace problem solving.
- Communication Skills using logical and analytical thinking to read, listen, write, and speak using Standard American English.
- Ethical Reasoning Skills including digital and information literacy skills as students direct their own learning and prepare for real world experiences.
- Interdisciplinary knowledge of natural, physical, social, and behavioral sciences, humanities, and fine arts.
- Civic Engagement and Social Responsibility as digital citizens possessing knowledge, skills, and ethical values to participate in our democracy while growing personally and professionally.