Get Ahead This Summer | $59 per month/per course
Why wait until fall to complete high school classwork when you can use just a little bit of your additional summer free time to get ahead?
Maybe you weren’t happy with a grade in a difficult course and you’d like to improve it. Or, perhaps your guidance counselor or academic advisor said you won’t have room in your schedule to take that elective you really wanted, like yearbook, dance, or student government. Citizens High School puts the control over your studies back in your hands with individual online courses that you can complete on your own schedule during the summer and then transfer them back to your high school.
It’s never too late to get started. Our open enrollment policy lets you begin as soon as your register and our classes can be completed in as little as 4 weeks for motivated students. Choose one class or choose several. We’ll work with you to make sure you are accomplishing your academic goals on your terms while always keeping your graduation and high school diploma in sight.
Summer School Benefits
Transfer credit to your local high school.
Transfer credit to your local high school.
Personalize Your Learning Experience
The CHS course catalog is expansive, allowing students to take courses in various areas of education during the summer months. The first step for enrollment in an online summer course is to receive permission from your guidance counselor or high school principal. Their contact information must be given to the Student Services Department at Citizens High School so you can transfer credits back to your school. Once you successfully complete the course(s), we will submit an official transcript to your high school for credit.
Why Should I Enroll in Summer Courses?
Since all of the work is done online, Citizens High School Summer School students are able to study at their own pace and schedule. Other benefits of enrolling in summer courses online through Citizens High School include:
- Avoid the learning gap many students suffer from in the summer months.
- Take special courses that are only available in the summer.
- Get the jump on your college education.
- Free space in your schedule for next school year.
- Complete the required prerequisite courses for future Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
- Stay fresh when it comes to learning a new language.
- Audit a course you plan to take in the fall.
- Study from anywhere in the United States or the world.
- Study during travel time (plane, hotel, train, resort – anywhere with an internet connection works!).
- Study using your own laptop or tablet.
- Access to educators and counselors throughout the summer
- Take courses that are tailored to your future college or employment plans.
- Take electives that weren’t available at your high school during the school year.
What Do I Need to Get Started?
If you own a laptop, desktop, tablet or smart phone you already have everything you need to enroll and access CHS’s entire summer school catalog of high school courses. All of your coursework, assignments, resources, and even communication with your instructors is all available online.
The only other thing you need is just a little extra time set aside to actually do that work. A single course is designed to require only 4-6 hours per week to stay on pace. That’s a round-trip plane ride to vacation destinations, or the same time you’d normally spend driving or taking the bus to a regular school day. It doesn’t matter if you choose mornings, afternoons, evenings, or even late night to accommodate your plans and schedule. You can even switch up when and how much time you spend on coursework day to day or week by week. Our promise to you is that Citizens High School is here when you need us.
Still Not Sure You’re Ready?
It is unfortunate that so many traditional high schools have presented summer school to students like it’s a punishment. The truth is many students enjoy the extra freedom in their fall schedules that comes from taking classes over the summer. Others enjoy opportunities like being able to graduate early, or participate in work-study or dual-enrollment programs that would be difficult or impossible without having fulfilled required courses in some other way.
Some things to remind yourself if you’re uncertain…
- We all make mistakes, and very few of us excel in every subject. Failing a class does not mean you’re a poor student.
- Learning tough subject matter can be even harder in a crowded classroom or with a bell schedule that cuts you short before you can ask
questions. Citizens High School has eliminated that frustration entirely.
- Taking a little time over the summer to study or improve your GPA helps keep your mind fresh for fall classes and ready to succeed as
soon as the school year starts.
Begin the Enrollment Process With Citizens High School Today
Are you ready to change your academic progress for the better? Do you want to take advantage of not being in school full-time during the summer? Click here to begin the enrollment process for summer courses online with Citizens High School today.