Interested in Working at CHS?
CHS is growing! We have positions opening in all areas of our organization both locally in Fleming Island, Florida and nationwide. If you're looking to make a positive and lasting impact on education, CHS is the place for you.
Below is a list of our current openings. Please apply or share it with your friends.
We are a Jacksonville based small Private Online High School providing extensive learning pathways and programs to both national and international students. We are seeking to contract with an energetic and innovative person to design new, easy-to-follow high school level course templates for subject matter experts to submit new, engaging courses for students.
You are a modern innovative instructional designer experienced at developing online educational courses, preferably at the secondary level. Furthermore, you understand how a 21st century online course should look with the technology required to drive student retention. You must be an outside the box” thinker who can think practically and in a systematic manner. Moreover, you can work under short deadlines, and have experience work with the LMS Canvas.
The Instructional Design Consultant is responsible for administering the design and development of course design templates using the various learning architectures that CHS utilizes. The position dictates the need to manage third party contractors, subject matter experts, vendors and strategic partners required to develop multiple course templates that can be easily utilized by subject matter experts. Full understanding of OER content sourcing, interactive web applications and instructional design with modern technologies are essential.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks
- Design and develop course templates that fit our multiple styles of learning architecture.
- The templates must be designed in such a manner it gives the faculty member/subject matter expert (SME) the flexibility to develop half and full credit courses.
- The templates need to simple enough that anyone with basic technology experience could complete it, while at the same time showcase the full capability of Canvas allowing for the SME to develop a fun and engaging course.
- The following templates will need to be developed:
- Traditional online course (half credit)
- Traditional online course (full credit)
- Directed Reading course
- Directed Study course
- Hybrid version (both Directed Reading and Directed Study)
- Will additionally design a course with video to instruct potential SME and faculty members how they can use the templates to design a course
- Will work with the Principal and Director of Curriculum to ensure that the templates match up with the vision of course development here at CHS
- Will ensure that templates and processes are in compliance with all accreditation standards and processes
Job Type: Contract
Equal Opportunity Employer: Citizens' High School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, age, national origin or disability. Employment of personnel at Citizens' High School is in compliance with Federal and State Laws regarding nondiscrimination and preference. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person who believes he or she may need reasonable accommodations during the application, testing or interview process should notify the appropriate department in advance.