Citizens High School is excited to announce openings for faculty in its online Citizens High School Diploma program. In support of the Citizens High School mission, which seeks to provide students with a quality high school diploma through distance education with a well-rounded academic foundation, leading to social and economic mobility.
Specific Teaching openings include: Math; Career Tech; Civics & Social Justice; Foreign Language (French, Russian, Mandarin, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic and others); Coding & Cyber Security.
- Subject Matter Expertise in high school|college level specified subject or other related material, supported by college degree in subject area and state teaching certification or college teaching experience
- Compelling, high quality course content, online classroom ready.
- A passion for creating engaging, online and interactive project and activity-based courses that develop self-efficacy and self-advocacy
- Focus on creating and managing a new architecture for learning in a virtual, asynchronous environment
- Proven experience supporting student success, progress, retention, and completion
- 20 hours of course development
- Full Job Description
- Citizens High School seeks new faculty members with fully developed courses to implement and teach civic engagement courses.
- Who We Are: Our civic engagement, career teach, STEM and online studies programs are part of a system of online high school diploma academies that provide a pathway to self-efficacy, global impact, and personal growth, while pursuing a high school diploma at a regionally accredited, fully online learning environment.
- Who we need: Are you currently a business professional, industry mentor, college / university instructor, or teacher with a Bachelor’s degree or higher looking for a new opportunity? Qualified candidates will be an expert in their field and bring industry knowledge and their own education experience, incorporating that with curriculum that they have previously designed to provide a comprehensive experience to students that will help them develop the skills necessary to transition into college or the work force.
- What you do: You will have the opportunity to work with students from diverse backgrounds and provide them with a classroom environment that blends your established curriculum with your real-world experience. Classes are offered fully online to accommodate the busy lives of our students. In addition to managing and creating your course, you will maintain an established set of office hours to meet with students to ensure success within the class and program.
- Some specific details on a CHS Online Educational Facilitator & Teacher:
- Facilitate classroom discussion , evaluate student performance
- Adhere to course guidelines and outcomes
- Must be engaging and focused on student success. Ability to interact with students in a group and one-on-one situations is expected.
- The ability to meet classroom deadlines (i.e. attendance, grading) and work with students on their response to assignments in a timely manner.
- What you will bring! (Education / Experience) • Bachelor’s degree or higher in field related to class material. • Prior high school -level teaching experience in area of expertise preferred but not required. • Industry or academic required certifications / licensure highly required.
- We Offer • Competitive compensation • Creativity • Flexible schedule
- If you have these qualifications and would like to teach for an institution leader, we look forward to your application!
Due to high volume of applicants, please do not call or email the COHS general student and family services teams. Identified candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted directly. Thank you.