Parent Orientation & Resources
Parent involvement and student achievement go hand in hand at Citizens Online High School, so we make it easy for you to be actively involved in your student’s education. This parent orientation provides guidance and gives you a more accurate picture of what your student’s learning experience will be like. It offers a glimpse of Citizens Online High School, which will play a defining role in your student’s life for the next three or four years, and in that sense, is as important to you as it is to your student.
Becoming familiar with the COHS way of learning will make it easier for you to understand some of the challenges, rules and academic demands and will be of practical value to you as a parent.
WHAT YOU CAN DO to Help Your Student Succeed at Citizens Online High School
- Complete the Parent Orientation
- Become familiar with the Parent-Student Handbook
- Work with your student to complete their Best Future Finder
- Activate the Parent Mobile App and frequently check your student’s progress
- Help your student study and stay organized
- Talk with your student EVERY DAY. Show them that what happens at school is important to YOU
- Review the Parent Frequently Asked Questions Here’s what OUR PARENTS are asking:
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Please use one of the methods below to contact our team!
What YOU Can Expect for Your Student at Citizens Online High School
- An exceptional education at a FULLY ACCREDITED online high school
- A flexible learning model to let you customize your child’s education and let them learn at their own
- A wide variety of courses to spark your child’s interests and put them on a path to graduation
- State-certified faculty to instruct your child and coach them to success
- Upon graduation, a diploma that is accepted at colleges and universities worldwide
- Protection from school violence, bullying and health hazards
How to Monitor Your Student’s Progress
- Navigating the COHS Student Information System – Genius
- Navigating the COHS Learning Management System – Canvas
- Using the PARENT MOBILE APP