Citizens High School is excited to announce openings for faculty in its new Directed Reading pathway. For forty years, our mission has been to provide students with the highest quality education culminating in a nationally recognized diploma or coursework that transfers back to their home high school. CHS combines state-of-the-art distance education technologies with a well-rounded academic foundation to help our students attain social, educational, and economic mobility.
Full Job Description
- Citizens High School seeks new faculty with fully-developed courses to implement and teach Directed Reading courses.
- Our Directed Reading program is part of a system of online high school diploma academies that provide a pathway to self-efficacy, global impact, and personal growth while pursuing a high school diploma at a regionally accredited, fully online learning environment.
Who we need:
Are you currently a business professional, industry mentor, college/university instructor, or teacher with a Bachelor’s degree or higher looking for a new opportunity?
Qualified candidates will be an expert in their field and bring industry knowledge and their own education experience, incorporating that with our easy-to-use course template that has been previously designed to provide a comprehensive experience to students that will help them develop the skills necessary to transition into college or the workforce.
We are currently looking for subject matter expertise in the following topic areas: Military History, the Civil War, Social Justice, Civics, Global Cultures and History, Latin American Studies, Sports in America, Music, and Culture, Great Works in Literature, and Science Fiction.
What you will do:
You will have the opportunity to work with students from diverse backgrounds and provide them with a classroom environment that blends your established curriculum with your real-world experience. Classes are offered fully online to accommodate the busy lives of our students. In addition to managing and creating your course, you will maintain an established set of office hours to meet with students to ensure success within the class and program.
Some specific details on a CHS Directed Reading Educational Facilitator:
- Facilitate classroom discussion, evaluate student performance
- Adhere to course guidelines and outcomes
- 2-5 hours of course development and onboarding
- Will need to research and submit 6-8 books on the topic that are available for free
- Must be engaging and focused on student success. Ability to interact with students in a group and one-on-one situations is expected.
- The ability to meet classroom deadlines (i.e. attendance, grading) and work with students on their response to assignments in a timely manner.
What you will bring (Education / Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a field related to class material.
- Prior high school-level teaching experience in the area of expertise preferred but not required.
- Industry or academic required certifications/licensure highly preferred.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible schedule
If you have these qualifications and would like to teach for an institution leader, we look forward to your application. To apply simply put in your name, email, phone number, a copy of your teacher certification or resume, and the topic you are interested in teaching below.